1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously grease 8x8 pan.
3. Bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add 1 cup Velvety Brown Rice, stirring to prevent lumps. Simmer 5 minutes or until Cream of Brown Rice has thickened and become soft. Set aside.
4. Fry sausage in crumbles. Drain and set aside.
5. Scramble eggs.
6. Stir Cream of Brown Rice, sausage, eggs, salt, pepper, and any optional ingredients together. Pour into greased pan.
7. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese and bake uncovered another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Tip: For a rushed morning, prepare the casserole the night before, refrigerate, and simply heat in the oven in the morning. Adjust total baking time to 45-50 minutes.
Easy Breakfast Casserole